Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mine!



"Mine" is a word parents hear a lot.


A toy. A special treat. A quarter found on the ground. "Mine!"


While parents work hard to decrease the number of times children use this word, teaching them to share instead, I also find myself pondering with the scriptures this morning the beautiful aspects of this word...


...because when something is "mine," I claim it, I care for it, I am dedicated to it.


When it comes to MY child, MY spouse, MY parents...there isn't anything I wouldn't do to protect, to support, to defend.


The scriptures for today...


The Lord made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3

Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people. 1 Peter 2:10


This morning, I am simply trying to rest in the knowledge that I belong to Someone. The God who spoke light into darkness speaks this word over me: "Mine." And there isn't anything God wouldn't do to protect, to support, to defend. 


May the peace that passes all understanding be with you as you read this...you have been claimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment