Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The More You Know...



"The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know" - Albert Einstein


But the Lord is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting King. Jeremiah 10:10


It is the King of kings and Lord of lords alone who has immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see; to him be honor and eternal dominion. 1 Timothy 6:15–16


There is a deep truth to the Einstein quote above, and the Bible passages for today...


I see it in the humility that comes with age; as we learn more, we realize how small we are in comparison.


The more we deal with people, the more realize how endlessly complex they are...and that they can't be easily fit into categories
or written off.


The more scientists learn about the tiniest realms (smaller than at atom), the more they realize the limit to human knowledge.


The more astrophysicists learn about the largest realms, the more they realize the absurd grandiosity of the universe...that there might be as many galaxies in the universe as there are snowflakes in a snowstorm.


And the more time in silence I spend, the more I am struck by the absurd grandiosity of God's love.
True. Living. Everlasting. Light. Peace.


I am moved to silence, and a deep enduring peace, knowing that today, I am in the hands of a God whose love for me and for all escapes my ability to know.


Eternal King, we call you both Father and Friend; yet, you are beyond our imaginations in power and grandeur. We recognize you as the source of every blessing in our lives; nonetheless, we sometimes find ourselves saying, “I believe, but help me in my unbelief!” In our uncertainty, lead us to stronger faith. Remove our doubt and comfort us with your almighty hand. Amen.*


*Prayer taken from the Moravian Daily Texts

No comments:

Post a Comment