Saturday, June 4, 2016

Depends on...



"I will show love to Judah; and I will save them—not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses and horsemen, but I, the Lord their God, will save them."
Hosea 1:7 (NIV)

"So it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God who shows mercy."
Romans 9:16

How often I get this turned around.
I know what I'm called to do, what I CAN do, what others can do, and so much of my effort goes into that.
But I really need to be reminded of these truths above...especially the Romans passage.

I think we all need this reminder...that we bring our best, we offer it to God through our work for our families, our friends, our church, and our community...

But then we have to trust.
Trust that it will be enough.
Trust that where my abilities begin, God is.
Trust that where my abilities end, God is.

Today, this single word is an invitation for me, and for you, whoever you are, as you read this.

Where do you need to trust today?

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for our many blessings, gifts, and talents. Show us how to use these blessings to glorify you. Give us true understanding of your words of love, and give us trust in your ways that we may better hear and see your will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment