Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Garden Hoses and Grace



I forgot to put away the garden hose last year. Big surprise...the guy who grew up in Arizona didn't think about the fact that garden hoses don't weather the winter well.

Hoses have one job...just to take what they receive from one end and put it out the other end. This hose won't be able to do that now, because it is cracked and weathered.


"I will save you that you may become a blessing." Zechariah 8:13 (NASB)
Paul wrote: "Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God." 2 Corinthians 3:5


The scriptures today have me thinking about how God uses us...just like I use the garden hose. God's grace, mercy, love, peace, forgiveness, and joy are given to me. My job? To let those things flow through me to others. Not possible if I'm cracked and weathered.

So today, a challenge for me and for you from the Scriptures...in what way do you need to do a better job at self-care? Do you need more time in the scriptures, so God's healing, saving grace can keep you pliable and strong? Do you need reminders of the ways God saves you, so you may be a blessing to others? Do you need to connect with the community of faith in worship more often so you are refreshed by healing waters and support from friends? Do you need more rest, less junk food, or more time to be still?

May we all recognize today that ignoring these needs isn't just hurting us...but God's ability to water the world with his gifts. May God grant you the peace, strength and hope you need today to BE the blessing you were created to be.

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to locate your website. I just wanted to thank you for the time you spent on this great article. I definitely enjoyed reading it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.


    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete